ETSA hosted its sixth teleconference on COVID-19 with an audience of global linen, uniform and facility services association executives. The most recent call was hosted on April 9.
An overview of the key topics shared on the call include the following:
- Importance of communicating the expertise and professionalism of the linen, uniform and facility services industry in terms of textile hygiene.
- Communication to regulators to recognize the essential role which continues to be played by textile services in combatting COVID-19, and to the economy in general.
- Efforts still ongoing in Germany and the Czech Republic to be recognized as essential.
- Importance of regional and local lobbying together with member firms in these areas.
- In doing so, it is important to take into account that being on the “critical” list may also involve increased responsibilities. There are pros and cons.
- Masks, disinfectants and PPE: government initiatives to acquire for each country. It is important to be on their lists.
- Regulatory measures regarding wearing of masks in laundries for workers handling potentially contaminated linen.
- Some national associations (NAs) [France, United Kingdom] have communicated lists of currently operating laundries to their authorities. Most welcomed by the authorities.
- DTV has approached Hohenstein to carry out study on survivability of SARS-CoV-2 on textiles.
- Experience and helpful tips on video and audio conferencing (GoToMeetings; Zoom; Microsoft Teams; Webex …)
- NAs and member firms are posting examples on social media of how our industry is contributing to combatting COVID-19.
The next weekly call is slated to take place on April 16 at 16:00 CET. For more information, contact Robert Long at email@example.com.
|Austria||FBÖ – Fachverband der Bekleidungsindustrie Österreichs & FGW Fachverband der Gewerblichen Wäschereien|
|*Belgium||FBT – Fédération Belge de l’Entretien du Textile asbl|
|Czech Republic||APAC – Asociace Prádelen a Čistíren|
|*Denmark||BVT – Branche-foreningen for Vask og Tekstiludlejning|
|*France||GEIST – Groupement des Entreprises Industrielles de Services Textiles|
|Germany||DTV – Deutscher Textilreinigungsverband|
|*Germany||WIRTEX – Wirtschaftsverband Textil Service e.V.|
|*Italy||ASSOSISTEMA – Associazione Sistema Industriale integrato di beni e Servizi Tessili e Medici Affini|
|*Norway||NRV – Norsk Renseri- & Vaskeriforening|
|*Sweden||ST – Sveriges Tvätteriförbund|
|*Switzerland||VTS – Verband Textilpflege Schweiz|
|*United Kingdom||TSA – Textile Services Association|
|*USA||TRSA – The Association for Linen, Uniform and Facility Services|